Diets formulated according to the research requirements of the customer. Bio-Serv can reproduce a previously published formulation, modify our existing formulas or create newformulas based on customer specifications.
Customer Supplied Additive:
Diets formulated to include test compounds supplied by the customer such as medications, nutraceuticals, food ingredients and test articles to allow for convenient dosing of compounds.
Diets formulated with agricultural products such as whole grains, high gluten meals and livestock feed ingredients. Ingredients in grain-based diets have complex nutrient compositions.
Diets that are formulated with refined ingredients such that each ingredient contributes primarily one nutrient allowing for precise manipulation and customization of the diet's nutrient composition.
Routinely manufactured diets that have been published in the literature to meet the research needs of experimental protocols.
List of Standard Diets:
- AIN Diets (AIN-76A, AIN-93G, AIN-93M)
- Dox diet
- Grain-based control
- High fat/diabetogenic
- Liquid diets
- Post-operative diets
- SCID diets
Available Diet Forms:
- Dough: Soft, cookie dough consistency
- Gel: Firm but moist diet that is both a food and water source
- Liquid: Diet that is suspendable in ethanol or water
- Pellet: Cold-pressed pellets, protects nutrients from air, light and moisture
- Powder: Used for incorporating compounds at research site
- Precision Pellets: Precise weight round pellets in sizes 14mg - 1g
- Precision Tablets: Precise weight flat tablets in sizes 3g - 10g
Please contact us with your dietary nutritional and research specifications. We welcome the opportunity to work with you.
Jaime Lecker, Ph.D.
ph: 800-996-9908 ext. 112
Karen Froberg-Fejko, LATg, VMD
ph: 800-996-9908 ext. 135