Special Needs Solutions
Certain animal and protocol conditions create a requirement for special needs products to ensure animal survival and encourage reliable research outcomes. Bio-Serv coined the phrase "Special Needs" after many years of making specifically requested diets and enrichment products to meet individual animal requirements. It is often mentioned that every animal under protocol is a "special needs" animal and therefore may require something extra to make their standard of care acceptable.
Bio-Serv manufactures and has readily available a variety of products to manage these types of challenges. Call today to discuss your specific requirement.
The Special Needs Line was created to address situations such as:
- Surgical models requiring pre and post operative care
- Cancer models - tumor burden
- Appetite stimulation
- Food/nutrient restriction
- Soft diet requirements
- Pain management
- Phytoestrogen and estrogen sensitive models
- Diabetic colonies
- Weight management protocols (obesity or anorexic studies
- Gene manipulation with hereditary challenges
- Hydration supplementation
- Weanlings needing special care
- Challenging breeding colonies
- Dental health difficulties
- Digestive issues
- Allergy complications
- Food intolerances
- Stereotypical behavior modifications
Please contact us with your dietary nutritional and research specifications. We welcome the opportunity to work with you.
Jaime Lecker, Ph.D.
ph: 800-996-9908 ext. 112
Karen Froberg-Fejko, LATg, VMD
ph: 800-996-9908 ext. 135